The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy and I have not updated the Moutons No More website in a while. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last two months? Here’s a partial summary:
- Two new podcast episodes. In episode 18, we discuss (acute and chronic) Lyme disease, interview Derek “Veritasium” Muller on his popular science communication YouTube channel, and share hate mail; in episode 19, we discuss the benefits of sunscreen, refute bad anti-vaccination arguments, and answer some of our listeners’ questions;
- A new video, which explains how anecdotes are unreliable when it comes to discerning bad health intervention from good;
- Three Gazette articles by Chris: one on the impact of salt on one’s health; on the science behind acupuncture; and on genetically-engineered mosquitoes.
- Three vlog posts: one on natural health products endorsed by athletes; one on the discovery the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge actually contributed to; and on what scientists spend a good chunk of their time doing (answer: not science);
- And more, lots more (and a partridge in a pear tree).
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.