The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy and I have not updated the Moutons No More website in a while. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last three months? Here’s a partial summary:
- Audio from our very first stage show at the Katacombes. You can listen to part 1, our comedy quiz show on celebrity health fads, and part 2 on how we discovered that mutations cause cancer;
- A podcast on the different types of evidence; what exercise can actually do to you; and how one judge in the States might have opened up a can of worms on off-label drug use and promotion;
- An appearance on CBC’s Ideas radio show on the topic of sugar and fat;
- A 10-minute video on what is integrative medicine;
- A blog post about a symposium held at McGill University on integrative medicine and what this means for science-based medicine;
- A vlog post on epistemology and how difficult it is for rationalists to talk to believers in alternative medicine;
- A video on synergology, a self-contained disciplined with scientific aspirations which claims to be able to read non-verbal cues;
- And more, lots more.
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.