The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy, I decided to aim for a monthly digest for our Moutons No More page. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last month?
- Three new video blog entries: one on the Medical Medium (angels help him diagnose conditions) and two on Quantum University, the bullshit online “school” created by a Canadian!
- A new episode of our podcast on brain training software. Also features an interview with a doctoral student in cancer research about why we don’t have a cure for cancer yet, and why Chris and I do what we do;
- A written piece on bad science journalism: the Ottawa Sun turns an article about fundamental research into Alzheimer disease into an ad for a local sugar shack;
- A new video on the gauntlet early research findings must go through to make it to the clinic (a video with over 3200 views as of this writing!);
- Chris’ appearance on CJAD, talking about what (not) to eat;
- An announcement for our upcoming stage show April 24 at 7PM at the Katacombes!
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.