The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy, I decided to aim for a monthly digest for our Moutons No More page. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last month?
- An all-new (and longer) episode of the podcast, this one on the carcinogenicity of red and processed meat and Brian Clement;
- An appearance by Jonathan on CBC’s The National and local news stations on the topic of Brian Clement (you can watch the video by clicking here) and a follow-up blog post on Clement’s claim that the CBC made it all up;
- A science video explaining the peer review process in scientific publishing featuring Playmobil figurines;
- A blog post on how to identify quacks and charlatans;
- A guest spot on CJAD’s The Dr. Joe Show to talk about quacks pushing pseudomedicine;
- Another science video, this one by Dr. Labos, on cancer screening;
- An opinion piece in the Montreal Gazette on the new genetically-engineered salmon and an appearance on CJAD’s The Tommy Schnurmacher Show.
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.