The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy, I decided to aim for a monthly digest for our Moutons No More page. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last month?
- The podcast and video from our special recording with Kevin Folta, Paul Offit, and Geoffrey Kabat;
- A look back at the 2015 Trottier Public Science Symposium;
- A number of Montreal Gazette articles by Dr. Labos, including topics such as aspirin and colon cancer; red wine and heart disease; and whether that slice of bacon is giving you cancer;
- My report on a particularly dangerous quack‘s conference at Dawson College, which I attended;
- Video from the round table discussion at the symposium, with guests Dr. Labos and many more;
- Dr. Labos’ Maclean’s article on medical marijuana;
- A video on the concept of certainty in science;
- How going to the spa can drive a skeptic crazy.
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.