The Body of Evidence looks at common medical misconceptions and aims to untangle the twisted messages around health and medicine. You can check out the website at http://www.bodyofevidence.ca. It is brought to you by Jonathan Jarry and Dr. Christopher Labos.
We have been so busy, I decided to aim for a monthly digest for our Moutons No More page. So, what has The Body of Evidence accomplished in the last month?
- Two new podcast episodes, one on the health benefits of red wine (you may surprised) and one on smoking (though not really… you’ll see!);
- A new video by Jonathan on the Galileo Gambit, a type of logical fallacy often used by practitioners of pseudomedicine;
- A word of caution about claims by manufacturers that their product will improve your vision;
- An appearance on CJAD’s The Dr. Joe Show with Dr. Joe Schwarcz of McGill University;
- A blooper reel from our first seven episodes of the podcast;
- A comment, following the Trottier Public Science Symposium, on why the public needs more science communicators;
- And, oh yeah, a live recording of The Body of Evidence at the Trottier Public Science Symposium, with guests Paul Offit, Kevin Folta, and Geoffrey Kabat. The video and audio recordings will be made available on November 5.
We’re generating a lot of content that will be of interest to people looking for reliable information on health, science, and scientific thinking, so do subscribe to our website by going to http://www.bodyofevidence.ca and typing in your email address in the subscription box on the right.
The Body of Evidence: Medicine that tastes funny and science made easy.